Tuners Edge
Shannons Insurance
Precision Turbo
Drag News

Mainline Dyno
Maintenance Plus Group



Date: 3/09/11

The decision to postpone the 2011 Brisbane Jamboree was one of the hardest things I've had to do in the 21 year history of the event.

I realise it wasn't a popular decision with many at the time. Just like the competitors we put a ridiculous amount of hours and money into the Jamboree each year so I totally understand the disappointment the postponement brought to you all.

From a spectators point of view they too invest time and money to attend the Jamboree each year. We had people from as far away as Malaysia and New Zealand fly in for the event only to find out it had been postponed. Earlier in the week the forecast wasn't to bad but Wednesday night it got worse.

After consultation with local weather experts on Thursday we elected to postpone the 21st annual Jamboree until the weekend of October 1-2.

As you'll see from the images below, the decision to postpone was the right one. It started raining Friday night and continued to rain all day Saturday. Sunday did fine up but with the amount of rain that fell on Saturday the track was not in a useable state.

We realise a lot of you travel from interstate for the Jamboree and making the Oct 1 & 2 date may be difficult. All I can say is I hope you are able to make the Oct 1 & 2 event. I realise some of you won't be able to make it due to other commitments. If you can make the new date I'd really appreciate your support.

For those that pre-purchased tickets or entries and are unable to return on Oct 1 & 2, a full refund is available. Please email us on if you have any questions.